Learn to use futures to hedge a stock portfolio at the MoneyShow
How to hedge your stock portfolio using E-mini and Micro E-mini futures and options.
The futures markets were created to enable farmers and ranchers to hedge their business activities. Further, stock index futures were created to offer portfolio managers an efficient means of hedging; yet, most market participants are purely speculating. Join us as we go back to the basics by looking at the E-mini and Micro E-mini stock index futures vehicles for hedging rather than speculating. We will also discuss a portfolio hedge that involves very little out of pocket expense using a combination of long put options and short call options.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR FREE
*There are several presentations at this event, ours will take place on Tuesday, February 16th from 2:40 to 3:10 pm Eastern
Topics discussed includes:
- What is a portfolio hedge and why it can be beneficial?
- When should a portfolio hedge be used?
- What are the various methods of hedging?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the various methods of hedging a stock portfolio?
- Pure hedge vs. partial hedge
- The opportunity costs of hedging your stock portfolio with futures and options on futures.