Micro E-mini Futures Trading Contest
Earn (commission credits) while you learn about Micro E-mini stock index futures.
What: Simulated futures trading contest
When: June 2nd at 5 pm CT through June 14th at 4 pm CT
Why?: Commission credits
We are excited to offer and advocate for the CME's newest suite of products, the Micro E-mini Futures. These products enable speculators to participate in the futures markets by placing trades in stock indices such as the S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average, NASDAQ 100 and the Russell 2000. This trading contest is a great opportunity to learn about these new contracts and test out your trading strategy while competing for a chance to win commission credits.
This two-week futures trading competition puts you and your fellow traders in a live, risk-free trading simulation environment in which you can experience the Micro E-mini stock indices in real-time.
Futures Trading Competition Details
- Trade CME Micro E-Mini Futures contracts on the S&P, Dow Jones, Nasdaq100, and Russell 2000.
- All Trading will be in the Front-Month June 19 Contract All trades will be completed in the GAIN Trader Simulated Trading Environment using the white-labeled Contest Trader application.
- All traders will begin with a virtual account of $5,000. Your goal: increase the balance to as much as possible by the conclusion of the competition.
- Top three traders with the highest P&L balance at the end will get commission credits towards their live account trading post the contest.
- Contestants do not need to have a current live or active account, but the commission credits to the winners will only be credited to live trading on GAIN Capital Futures accounts.
Micro E-mini Futures Trading Contest Rules/Guidelines
- This trading competition is limited to non-professional individuals only. Entities and NFA registered persons are not eligible.
- All profits and losses achieved in this competition are simulated.
- Simulated commission charges set at $5.00 per side inclusive of fees.
- Only 1 demo account is permitted per client for the contest.
- Trading will take place during normal market hours.
- Total net open positions will be limited to 10 contracts.
- Day Trade margins will be set at $200 per contract.
- Front Month (June 19) only will be traded.
- GAIN liquidation policy will be in place. If the Equity/Margin ratio drops below 5%, or the Net Liquidating Value (NLV) drops below $200 (whichever comes first), all contracts will be liquidated.
- Top 10 rankings will be updated prior to the next trading day on https://gainfutures.com/ at the close of market, with the winners announced Monday, June 17, 2019.
- Using the Contest Trader front-end trading application will be mandatory amongst all contestants.